Monday, September 4, 2017

Surrounded by Art & Angels




This month we are starting a 3 Month Series over at Path of Positivity:  Surround Yourself with ... and this month it's ART!  Surround Yourself with Art!  The idea is to share how you are inspired by art ~ art of any form!  Anything from the great masters to comic strips!  What sort of art inspires you in a positive way?

One great way to answer that question is to look around your house.  We often choose to surround ourselves with what we enjoy.  I seem to have a couple of main themes going on in my house.  Now, you are going to learn my style is somewhat... um....eclectic, but then again, maybe you've figured that out from my posts!  hahaha

I have lots of angels and victorian children around my house.  

I have some beautiful needlepoint from my grandmother that was patterned off of these famous pieces.  The first is by Renoir (1841-1919).  Renoir was possibly the most famous painter of the Impressionist Era.  His works were typically snapshots of real life full of richness and feeling.   

Madame Charpentier and Her Children 1878
  
 The second is by Jules Muenier (1863-1934).  Muenier was a French painter and photographer and was very influential during the late 1800's/early 1900's.  One of his most famous is titled theThe Catechism Lesson which was highly acclaimed by his government.  

The First Piano Lesson  

I also have several angel books by Nancy Noel, famous for her angels, as well as this framed print below.  Nancy Noel actually had a studio about 20 miles from my house!  She is an amazing artist who has done several different beautiful series from horses to angels!  She also did a lovely Amish collection that I find very intriguing!  She is a kind hearted woman who gives to the community and loves animals.  Here is a link to her webpage if you are interested in learning more about her, her books, or her art: Nancy Noel.  

Whisper
Now you know what sort of art inspires me and brings peace/beauty to my life....well, you sort of know!  You'll learn more mid-month when I reveal more!  ;)   

*   *   *   

My image used in my faith journal is from LunaGirl.  It is from a beautiful Collage Sheet called Angel Children Digital Collage Sheet.  I added some papers and flower cuts from Polkadoodles, stamping, feathers, and Bo Bunny Gem Flourishes.  I added verses Psalm 91:11-12 and Matthew 18:10 along with an Old Proverb:  "Angels speak to those who silence their minds long enough to hear."





Our challenge is sponsored this month by LunaGirl 
and Bugaboo Stamps!   


Thanks for stopping by; PoP on over to the challenge (where you can learn more about our theme and sponsors) to see what the rest of the team is doing and share with us your thoughts, art, and inspirations!  Our themes are optional now, so we'd love to see anything positive you've been working on even if it doesn't exactly fit the theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment